Capitol Limited

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rile42

Lead Service Attendant
I have been checking the status of the Capitol Limited between Cleveland and DC to get a feel for how well it is running in preparation for a trip later this month. For some reason, there is no listing for the westbound CL for today Monday, March 7th. Anyone know what happened?

Works for me.

The train scheduled into CLE on 7 March arrived at 0422. The one that departed WAS on 7 March, arriving CLE on 8 March, is running 1h17 late right now, approaching PGH.

I rode Amtrak #30 on March 7th from Chi to Cle, arrived one hour late into Cle. At Chicago, they only began boarding the train at about five minutes past departure time and we left about 25 minutes late. I believe the delay was due to a mechanical problem with the Dining Car. This trip was my return from riding the final train #41 from Akron to Chicago. : (

My experience with the Capitol Limited has been to expect to be around an hour late or a bit more, and on the website Amtrak states there are currently delays due to freight traffic. In fact on my March 7th trip on #30 we were put into a siding in Indiana which we then had to back out of to get back onto the main. Aside from that, the trip was great, equipment clean, food good, employees nice. Besides, delays for me equal more time on the train, better value for the ticket price....lol.

Back