Capital Limited

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rile42

Lead Service Attendant
Anyone know what happened to Friday's eastbound Capital Limited? Between Toledo and Sandusky it lost over 3 hours and 20 minutes. It has been running consistently late into Cleveland by about an hour and a half almost every day, but this was unusual. Good thing it happened on a Friday night or the service disruption would have been in force from Pittsburgh.

Just a heads up....

Here is a short blurb http://www.wtol.com/story/15388892/two-people-sent-to-hospital-after-car-and-train-collide-in-lake-twp

I was working as an sca on that train.

I was putting my passengers to bed that just got on in Toledo and was just getting to bed. From what the conductor said, the car "almost" made it. It did a couple of 360's from the impact.

I didn't feel the impact from the collision, but did feel the emergency brake when it was applied. Apparently the lady inside the car insisted there was a third person inside the vehicle when the met and rescue workers got there. The train sat for 3hours while they looked for that "third" person. It turns out that the lady had a few too many and forgot that the "third" person was at home babysitting.

That, and in combination with heat restrictions thrown up a few hours later into the day resulted in arriving was 5 hours late.

It was a long trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back