Canceling AGR Travel Before Tickets Are Issued

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DivMiler

Lead Service Attendant
I know I can cancel an AGR reservation by calling the Amtrak Guest Rewards telephone number.

However, can I cancel an AGR reservation (before tickets are printed) by

(1) Using a Quik-Trak machine?

(2) Calling Amtrak's 800-USA-RAIL number and talking to a human?

(3) Calling Amtrak's 800-USA-RAIL number and using Julie?

or

(4) Going to an Amtrak agent at a station?

... and, do any of the answers change if the reservation is for coach or sleeper travel?

... and would my AGR points be immediately put back into my account?

Ryan is close. You need to call AGR, but as said if the tickets were not printed, the points will be back in your account before you even hang up!
smile.gif

The "close" was that the OP asked if (s)he can go to an agent at the station. All that has to be done is CALL AGR - you do not have to drive to the station. I don't know if it's still true, but before an Amtrak agent could not even touch an AGR reservation 0 except for certain exceptions.

Ah, I see - I meant " and would my AGR points be immediately put back into my account? " when I said "the last one".

No, it makes no difference if it's coach or sleeper and no you can't do it at the counter.

Ah, I see - I meant " and would my AGR points be immediately put back into my account? " when I said "the last one".

No, it makes no difference if it's coach or sleeper and no you can't do it at the counter.
Boys, play nice, or I will no longer schedule play-dates for you two,................

The "close" was that the OP asked if (s)he can go to an agent at the station.
He.

Thanks, both of you -- I understood Ryan's original answer. Only way to cancel an unticketed AGR reservation, coach or sleeper, is on the telephone at AGR's telephone number. One's points will be redeposited immediately.

The reason I asked the question is because of long waits at 800-307-5000. Being able to do it at a station (Quik-Trak or human) or at Amtrak's regular number would be a benefit.

I called AGR and canceled a points reservation, got the points put back in my account, and then rebooked all with the same agent in about 15 minutes. This was less than 3 hours before train time for a trip from NYP to Chicago in a sleeper. And there were no fees.

For the record I called AGR on a Sunday afternoon and after all the Automated hooblah my call was almost instantly answered. So it seems like Sunday in the early afternoon is the time to book or cancel! :lol: :D I then had to call again after the agent put the wrong name on the email for the tickets. Same deal call was answered almost instantly. But IMO it seems useless to enter your AGR number on the automated voice just to have the agent ask for it. I can understand them asking for address and other info to confirm it's you. But come on! -_-

Back