Cancel a redemption?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mj432

Hello, can I cancel a sleeper redemption that I had already made? --- I have not printed tickets yet, and this is several months away.

How soon will my points come back into my account?

I'm afraid of risking any problems or not getting points back, so want to check with you experts first!

Thanks

Yes you can. It seemed like it was pretty quick (a day or two) when I did it.

As Upstate said, it can be done - and with no problem! I have even cancelled a sleeper award a few days before the trip, and all the points were returned!

As for the speed - I've had times when the points were back into my account even before I hung up with the AGR agent!

can you cancel AFTER the trip? i made a reservation but was unable to go. forgot to cancel it. was for a coach seat.

I don't know, but I would say no!

If it were a cash trip, you would lose the upgrade charge, but you could get a voucher for the rail fare portion. So maybe an AGR award is similar. You might only get the points back for the coach award. (For a 1 zone award, you may get back 5,500 points instead of 15,000 or 20,000 points.) But like I said, I don't know.

Back