can someone leave a car @ a station?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest_Susan_*

My mother is looking into taking Amtrak across North Dakota and Montana to see her siwter in Kallispell. Is there a parking lot at either Grand Forks, ND or Devils Lake, ND where she could leave her car? I realize the lot will not be monitored. If yes, is there a fee to do this?

Thanks in advance.

I don't think BBY has parking, and while BOS does have a parking garage, and there is probably parking near BON, I think if you are departing from Boston and insist upon parking, Route 128 is probably a better choice for NEC trains, and Woburn is probably a better choice for the Downeaster. I'm not sure what's available for parking in Framingham if you were taking the LSL, though. I've boarded a commuter train at Framingham where it was obvious that parking did exist, but I think you have to pay for it, and I'm not sure whether there's enough parking and how long you're allowed to leave a car parked there.

Many stations, especially smaller ones, allow you to park free at or very near the station. If you figure the airport is going to charge a minimum of $5 day to park in the next county and you're gone for a couple weeks on the train, you've just put a good stash of green back into your pocket.

Many stations, especially smaller ones, allow you to park free at or very near the station. If you figure the airport is going to charge a minimum of $5 day to park in the next county and you're gone for a couple weeks on the train, you've just put a good stash of green back into your pocket.
What airport charges only $5 a day? EWR charges 5 dollars to park for a few hours!

Most stations have some kind of free parking. In more crowded areas, it costs.

What airport charges only $5 a day? EWR charges 5 dollars to park for a few hours!
Most stations have some kind of free parking. In more crowded areas, it costs.
Yeah.... even Metropark costs $9 a day now, but notwithstanding that, is very convenient, if you can find a space there that is.

EWR is something like $12 or so if you park in the boonies and wait endlessly for the shuttle bus. All the Airtrain lots are now $24 a day I think.

Many stations, especially smaller ones, allow you to park free at or very near the station.
At WRJ, it is the honor system. If you park overnight, they leave you an envelope on your windshield into which, you later mail your money.

A lot of small stations have free parking, either right next to the station unmarked or on paved parking lot. Las Vegas, NM has a paved parking lot which is shared by city's employees who work for public bus. Lamy, NM is gravel parking lot.

If the small station is located in run-down or high-crime areas, I'd advised not to park there.

Other option if the station is unstaffed is to call the city police or county sherriff about it.

My mother is looking into taking Amtrak across North Dakota and Montana to see her siwter in Kallispell. Is there a parking lot at either Grand Forks, ND or Devils Lake, ND where she could leave her car? I realize the lot will not be monitored. If yes, is there a fee to do this? Thanks in advance.
I recommend calling Amtrak and ask (1-800-872-7245). They should be able to tell you about parking at a particulat station.

I think there is better parking at grand fork than devils lake, that station is almost downtown.

Grand Fork also has baggage service where Devils Lake does not, in case that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back