Can I skip the first segment of trip with connections?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colobok

Service Attendant
I have booked the trip HBG-NOL-LAX-SAN. I was planning to drive to HBG and leave my car there. But now I changed my mind and I want to fly to NOL instead and board in NOL. Can I simply skip the HBG-NOL segment without notifying Amtrak? My concern is that my trip was booked with AGR points using old rates. Now if I modify my trip - they will charge me 10k points more.

Can they cancel my whole trip if I don't board at HBG or I can still board at NOL?

I have received both eTicket by email and the old reservation form (which says "Scan and print your tickets"). Can I still print my tickets and guarantee that my NOL-LAX-SAN reservation will not be cancelled?

You can skip the first segment, but if you do, all future reservation that are on that same reservation will be cancelled. It doesn't matter that you have tickets already printed. As soon as the Conductor scans that ticket, it will show as "cancelled and not valid"!

I'm not sure, but I think and changes will result in the higher award amount to be charged.

If you skip the first segment your trip will be cancelled and you will have to get it reinstated. I would consider calling AGR, tell them what's going on and they should be able to help you without you incurring additional point requirements. You want less free travel, not more!

I have booked the trip HBG-NOL-LAX-SAN. I was planning to drive to HBG and leave my car there. But now I changed my mind and I want to fly to NOL instead and board in NOL. Can I simply skip the HBG-NOL segment without notifying Amtrak?
NO. If you do not notify Amtrak, they will cancel your entire trip.
My concern is that my trip was booked with AGR points using old rates. Now if I modify my trip - they will charge me 10k points more.
The reservations agent SHOULD be able to make the change without charging you extra. If they say they can't, demand to speak with a supervisor. Explain that you had a last-minute change of schedule.

My concern is that my trip was booked with AGR points using old rates. Now if I modify my trip - they will charge me 10k points more.
The reservations agent SHOULD be able to make the change without charging you extra. If they say they can't, demand to speak with a supervisor. Explain that you had a last-minute change of schedule.
If he booked a Bedroom before the increase in the number of points required for a Bedroom occurred, then any change at all to the reservation will trigger more points being taken from his account to complete the change. The agent will not be able to hold the old point rate.

I called AGR and they told me it would require 10k extra points to do this change. I asked to talk to the supervisor and then agent after looking for the supervisor told me: "Ok, nobody is available here right now to ask, so I will do this change for you." :)

I called AGR and they told me it would require 10k extra points to do this change. I asked to talk to the supervisor and then agent after looking for the supervisor told me: "Ok, nobody is available here right now to ask, so I will do this change for you." :)
:cool: This jibes with AGR Insiders Info on Flyer Talk when she said that AGR would still be "Flexible" when Special Circumstances Arose and Reservations had to be "Modified"! Another Example of AGR "Winging it" which can be Good or Bad Depending on the Agent or Supervisor one talks with! As we all know, YMMV!!! :angry:

Back