Can I get my ticket at the Club Acela Lounge in NYC

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rush2112

Train Attendant
Hi all -

I am new here and first found the site when doing a Google search on tipping in First Class on the Acela. Now I am hooked on the travelogs, pictures and good insider info. I lived in the DC area before moving to SAC and took many NEC train trips. SAC is a great train town too, as you all know, so I get to ride here a lot too.

In April I will be flying in to JFK to see the band Rush at the Garden and then doing some NYC things. I have not been to the City since New Year's 2001, when I took the train up from WAS just before moving to SAC.

When I take the train to WAS from NYP can I just show up at Club Acela and get my prepaid ticket from the gatekeeper at the lounge? I am booked in First Class so I will have access. Of course it is no big deal if I have to stop at a ticket machine but I will probably need a Red Cap and just thought it would be easier to get it from the Club personnel.

Thanks.

- Thomas

Hi all -

I am new here and first found the site when doing a Google search on tipping in First Class on the Acela. Now I am hooked on the travelogs, pictures and good insider info. I lived in the DC area before moving to SAC and took many NEC train trips. SAC is a great train town too, as you all know, so I get to ride here a lot too.

In April I will be flying in to JFK to see the band Rush at the Garden and then doing some NYC things. I have not been to the City since New Year's 2001, when I took the train up from WAS just before moving to SAC.

When I take the train to WAS from NYP can I just show up at Club Acela and get my prepaid ticket from the gatekeeper at the lounge? I am booked in First Class so I will have access. Of course it is no big deal if I have to stop at a ticket machine but I will probably need a Red Cap and just thought it would be easier to get it from the Club personnel.

Thanks.

- Thomas
Yes,the Acela Club agents can print your tickets and order a redcap.However,the NYP Club Acela is sometimes quite busy.I usually print my tickets at the QuickTrak machines just outside the CA and show(flash) the ticket to the CA agents for entrance if there is a line at the desk.It saves time.

April I will be flying in to JFK to see the band Rush at the Garden and then doing some NYC things. I have not been to the City since New Year's 2001, when I took the train up from WAS just before moving to SAC.

Thanks.

- Thomas
Yes,the Acela Club agents can print your tickets and order a redcap.However,the NYP Club Acela is sometimes quite busy.I usually print my tickets at the QuickTrak machines just outside the CA and show(flash) the ticket to the CA agents for entrance if there is a line at the desk.It saves time.

Thanks. That is helpful.

Hi all -

Thanks.

- Thomas
Keep in mind it's busy mostly during AM Rush Hour, Mid afternoon to the PM Rush Hour. Any time other then that you should be ok to ask to have your tickets printed in the CA. Other then that I'd print them at a QT or at the Ticket Office. Just have your Rezzy number and ID of all names on the tickets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back