Can book by phone, but not on Amtrak.com

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IHC

Service Attendant
Some stations you put into Amtrak.com, says no service exists to that station. Yet, the timetables say there is thruway bus service to these stations. For example, try booking from San Jose to Bend, OR. The routing would be #14 to Chemault, then the throughway bus from Chemault to Bend.

If you call 1-800-USA-RAIL, they are able to book your train and thruway bus no problem. But why isn't the train and thruway bus able to be booked on Amtrak's website?

Considering lots of folks use the internet to research and book travel plans these days, I wonder how much business Amtrak loses from stuff like this? Maybe they WANT to keep the ridership low?

Nevermind, I just figured out that Amtrak.com lists two stations in Bend, OR. If you type in the Riverhouse stop (BDR) it does show and let you book the routing.

But then why is the other station listed? (BED)

I can't be the only customer who tried to book to the regular "Bend, OR" stop (BED) and got the "no service exists" message and just gave up...not realizing there's another station code I should have used for the "other" station...

Should be les confusion with the new website design with the script that pulls up the station names as you type.

However when looking at the ation info page for each, they both claim to be the thruway station and say additional through-way service available at the other station. It's hard to tell that either is the rail station except for bdr saying it is a platform with shelter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back