Californian Zephyr - are winter delays usual?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are all cross country bus trips that lacking in drama? I kept waiting for something to happen.

Maybe I need to get out more often, but I had no idea bus foamers existed. I can picture riding a long distance bus, but being an expert on equipment, stations, routes, personnel, history, corporate arrangements, and other trivia?
What is "bus foamer" supposed to mean?
Bus Foamer = Swadian Hardcore

Are all cross country bus trips that lacking in drama? I kept waiting for something to happen.

Maybe I need to get out more often, but I had no idea bus foamers existed. I can picture riding a long distance bus, but being an expert on equipment, stations, routes, personnel, history, corporate arrangements, and other trivia?
What is "bus foamer" supposed to mean?
Bus Foamer = Swadian Hardcore
*Like* Was thinking the same thing. :)

Paul

For me it's about the people, not all life is crash, bang and violent action luckily, there are nuances that in particular the second blog showed well. I'm interested in people's behaviour, and meeting people at random and learning a little from them is my thing.

Swadian gave a good couple of examples of exactly what I was looking for, it was aimed at me, and I thank him for it.

Although I am an engineer by profession, the technical minutae of bus or train travel doesn't grab me, again it's the people...

ps: I'm a Brit and no idea what a bus foamer is either, sounds unusual and am I one?

Last edited by a moderator:
As I understand it, the term "foamer" is meant to describe someone who is so giddy with excitement over seeing and talking about something, be it trains (or in this case buses) that they "foam at the mouth" while doing so. A rather derisive term. ;)

As I understand it, the term "foamer" is meant to describe someone who is so giddy with excitement over seeing and talking about something, be it trains (or in this case buses) that they "foam at the mouth" while doing so. A rather derisive term. ;)
That's a very eloquent answer thank you. So if we take out the negative derisive part of it, that could apply to many who write on this forum?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a very eloquent answer thank you. So if we take out the negative derisive part of it, that could apply to many who write on this forum?
Many would probably say it would apply to everyone else but them. :lol: ;)

No! No! A term of endearment.

Paul

For me it's about the people, not all life is crash, bang and violent action luckily, there are nuances that in particular the second blog showed well. I'm interested in people's behaviour, and meeting people at random and learning a little from them is my thing.
I agree. But in terms of people drama, after the couple of drunks in Tampa, it was all down hill. The cast of characters all seemed like people I would know. But then I guess it was the writer's intention to show that.

Back on the thread subject... is there a recorded longest delay for the CZ travelling westward, or even the longest that someone can remember?

Thanks

Many would probably say it would apply to everyone else but them. :lol: ;)
I guess it does apply to me.

Back on the thread subject... is there a recorded longest delay for the CZ travelling westward, or even the longest that someone can remember?

Thanks
I heard of a 25-hour delay back in 2010. Back in 1952, a passenger train was stuck over Donner Pass for three days. There's a video on YouTube:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back