California Trains. Spend $50 get a free ticket [1,000 AGR Points

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phila 30th St

Service Attendant
Got this in my email today. Not sure if it's targeted.

Amtrak Guest Rewards® members, here's a wintertime offer you can really warm up to. From January 7 - March 13, 2010, spend $50 on the Pacific Surfliner®, Capitol Corridor® and San Joaquin®, and earn 1,000 points. That's enough for a free trip. And that's a flurry of savings on top of the points you'll still earn on all your travel. It's yet another way for you to get more out of your Amtrak® experience. And the perfect way for Amtrak Guest Rewards to thank you for your loyalty. A free trip. Very cool.

Register online or by calling 1-800-307-5000, using registration code 11010

I received it this way:

Amtrak Guest Rewards® members, here's a wintertime offer you can really warm up to. From January 7 - March 13, 2010, spend $50 on the Hiawatha®, Lincoln Service®, Illini Service®, Carl Sandburg®, Missouri River Runner®, Illinois Zephyr®, Saluki®, Hoosier State® and Pere Marquette®, and earn 1,000 points. That's enough for a free trip. And that's a flurry of savings on top of the points you'll still earn on all your travel. It's yet another way for you to get more out of your Amtrak® experience. And the perfect way for Amtrak Guest Rewards to thank you for your loyalty. A free trip. Very cool.

Register online or by calling 1-800-307-5000, using registration code 10910.

I received it this way:
Amtrak Guest Rewards® members, here's a wintertime offer you can really warm up to. From January 7 - March 13, 2010, spend $50 on the Hiawatha®, Lincoln Service®, Illini Service®, Carl Sandburg®, Missouri River Runner®, Illinois Zephyr®, Saluki®, Hoosier State® and Pere Marquette®, and earn 1,000 points. That's enough for a free trip. And that's a flurry of savings on top of the points you'll still earn on all your travel. It's yet another way for you to get more out of your Amtrak® experience. And the perfect way for Amtrak Guest Rewards to thank you for your loyalty. A free trip. Very cool.

Register online or by calling 1-800-307-5000, using registration code 10910.

I got it too, but it's also on the AGR website. So of course I did my reservation right away for LAX-BFD-EMY via the Thruway Bus and San Joaquin. Okay, get ready for this:

The total railfare, INCLUDING the bus portion is 52.00 LAX-EMY. The train fare only from BFD to EMY is 45.00. SO my question is this, does the bus portion count for my total fare of 52.00? Or am I short by 7.00?

I haven't seen an email nor did I see this on the AGR page (edit oops - found it on the Hot Deals where I was actually told to look)

. I did register for both and was accepted for both 11010 and 10910.

Under my promotions they both are called Winter Frees Promotion.

Kinda an odd name.

Either way; I'll try to spend $50 on the Surfliner during this time to get a free 1000 points.

I've already got about $13 planned.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen an email nor did I see this on the AGR page (edit oops - found it on the Hot Deals where I was actually told to look). I did register for both and was accepted for both 11010 and 10910.

Under my promotions they both are called Winter Frees Promotion.

Kinda an odd name.

Either way; I'll try to spend $50 on the Surfliner during this time to get a free 1000 points.

I've already got about $13 planned.
Does it have to be $50 all in one trip or can it be, say, 4 trips at 12.50 each?

Back