California on CS savings

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_traveler

Engineer
Received via email on 7/5/11:

The most coast for your dollar

Planning a vacation? It's never too soon to schedule one. Book your trip now through July 31, 2011 for travel on selected sections of the Coast Starlight® from October 13 through November 17, 2011 and save 25% off fares.

Between Los Angeles and Davis, CA, you can travel the Coast Starlight and save. And along the route, entertaining attractions await, such as:

• Los Angeles County Museum of Art

• Universal Studios HollywoodSM

• Venice Beach Boardwalk

• The Davis Arboretum

• The Rominger West Winery and more

Enjoy scenic views and comfortable seating as you cruise the coast. And enjoy 25% savings by booking before July 31, 2011.

Remember to include your member number in your reservation to earn Amtrak Guest Rewards®points for your trip.
I hope somebody can take advantage of it!
smile.gif

Received via email on 7/5/11:

The most coast for your dollar

Planning a vacation? It's never too soon to schedule one. Book your trip now through July 31, 2011 for travel on selected sections of the Coast Starlight® from October 13 through November 17, 2011 and save 25% off fares.

Between Los Angeles and Davis, CA, you can travel the Coast Starlight and save. And along the route, entertaining attractions await, such as:

• Los Angeles County Museum of Art

• Universal Studios HollywoodSM

• Venice Beach Boardwalk

• The Davis Arboretum

• The Rominger West Winery and more

Enjoy scenic views and comfortable seating as you cruise the coast. And enjoy 25% savings by booking before July 31, 2011.

Remember to include your member number in your reservation to earn Amtrak Guest Rewards®points for your trip.
I hope somebody can take advantage of it!
smile.gif

I received a similar message as well this morning. It is shown below.

The most Florida sun for your dollar

Planning a vacation? It's never too soon to schedule one. Book your trip now through July 31, 2011 for travel on selected sections of the Silver Meteor® from October 13 through November 17, 2011 and save 25% off fares.

Between Orlando and Miami, FL, you can travel the Silver Meteor and save. And along the route, entertaining attractions await, such as:

• Walt Disney World®

• SeaWorld®

• Universal Studios®

• Miami Beach

• Little Havana and more

Enjoy scenic views and comfortable seating as you travel Florida this fall. And enjoy 25% savings by booking before July 31, 2011.

Remember to include your member number in your reservation to earn Amtrak Guest Rewards® points for your trip.

Sounds like a trip for pennyk !

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Amtrak knew our AU group would be on the West Coast the week before in October :rolleyes:

Perhaps they needed to make up for the lack of business after we all get home :lol:
Or they knew we would be leaving space for others that week. :rolleyes: I was disappointed with the date, would be nice to save on the Gathering trip.

Aloha

Translation: We're running some super-long trains on the CS (when I was on it last week, it had an extra sleeper and an extra coach) in order to re-route people SEA-SAC-CHI, but they're going to be empty south of SAC. If you can fill up that space, we'd appreciate it!

Translation: We're running some super-long trains on the CS (when I was on it last week, it had an extra sleeper and an extra coach) in order to re-route people SEA-SAC-CHI, but they're going to be empty south of SAC. If you can fill up that space, we'd appreciate it!
Good read of the situation

Good read of the situation
Um, no! While you have to book now, you can't travel until the fall. By that time they'll have shrunk the consists back to normal off peak size. And I sure hope that flooding isn't still going on come the fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back