Calfornia Bus Points

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exiled in Express

Lead Service Attendant
I need to go from downtown/Fisherman's area San Francisco to Santa Rosa and the Ambus looks to be one of the cheaper ways to do it, if not exactly fast.

Would a 1500 point Special Route redemption cover the #66XX Ambus from SFC to EMY, the rail from EMY-MTZ, and the #63XX Ambus MTZ-SRC? Alternatively would that routing earn 300 AGR points if paid?

EDIT: Spelling. California.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to go from downtown/Fisherman's area San Francisco to Santa Rosa and the Ambus looks to be one of the cheaper ways to do it, if not exactly fast.

Would a 1500 point Special Route redemption cover the #66XX Ambus from SFC to EMY, the rail from EMY-MTZ, and the #63XX Ambus MTZ-SRC? Alternatively would that routing earn 300 AGR points if paid?

EDIT: Spelling. California.
It should. There is only one train involved, and that is the determining factor for using a Special Route redemption.

And yes, in my experience that would be considered to be 3 tickets so you get 100 points per boarding, thus 300 total plus associated bonuses. I presume it would be the same once e-ticketing takes over those routes. They should all list seperately on the AGR website under account activity as well.

And yes, in my experience that would be considered to be 3 tickets so you get 100 points per boarding, thus 300 total plus associated bonuses. I presume it would be the same once e-ticketing takes over those routes. They should all list seperately on the AGR website under account activity as well.
Since this would be a reward trip, no points would be awarded. For a paid trip, you are correct.

Ah... not a bad time to do it then... 1,500 point redemption for their ticket but earning back 300 for travel and another 300 for the Double Days promotion (if traveling within that timeframe) for yours. So really just 900 points used after all is said and done... not bad!

Back