Cafe Beverages with Traditional Dining

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Esperantisto

I'm going to be on the California Zephyr and I noticed that the dining menu doesn't have the same drink options as the cafe car. On the Crescent I was allowed to get any non-alcoholic beverage for breakfast/lunch and any beverage (including alcohol) for dinner regardless of whether it was on the flex menu. Will I be able to get a White Claw in the dining car? Has anyone done that?
Also, on the Crescent I was told I had unlimited non-alcoholic drinks in the cafe, just to show my ticket (which is how it worked when I was in Business on the NEC). Will it work that way on the Zephyr if I want something between meals?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I am guessing that you will not be able to get a White Claw in the dining car, however, every crew is different. Traditional dining is different from Flex Dining.

On one of the Silvers, I tried to get a brand of beer during dinner that was served in the cafe and I was told no.

With regard to non-alcoholic beverages between meals, your sleeping car attendant may be able to get them for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back