Cade, LA

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry to here Cade had major damage. My uncle lives near the intersection of Pinhook and Kaliste Saloom in Lafayette and received minor damage. Even the Vermillion River is not as high as forcasted. I was hoping the rest of Lafayette and Iberia Parishes did well during the storm. Best of luck and God Bless!

Anthony said:
just fyi the google earth site isn't real-time ... the pictures are some years old... (?)
True, but they also put up some pictures from a few days after Katrina. When you look at it there is a Katrina button to show the flooding and the damage.

Anthony said:
okay, cool :)
Yea Anthony all my tress are down in my yard and the mobile hgomes across the street are gone so they updated after Rita hit i have at least 4 huge trees down and it looks like my friend Mark's car is under the trees in the driveway he is the Amtrak ticket agent in Meridian MS.We will be going down there tomarrow to check out the damage.

BNSF_1088 said:
and it looks like my friend Mark's car is under the trees in the driveway he is the Amtrak ticket agent in Meridian MS.
Meridian. :eek:

That's one heck of a commute! :blink:

It's like 5 hours drive from Cade to Meridian and over 300 miles. :eek:

AlanB said:
BNSF_1088 said:
and it looks like my friend Mark's car is under the trees in the driveway he is the Amtrak ticket agent in Meridian MS.
Meridian. :eek:

That's one heck of a commute! :blink:

It's like 5 hours drive from Cade to Meridian and over 300 miles. :eek:
I have been up here for a week keeping all the Amtrak MGT in line in Meridian there so cool to be around.

I will have to work on Wed 9-28-2005 but i have to figure out where i am going to live untill the power is turned back on in my house and thats if there is no dammage to my house :blink:

Back