bustitution from msp tomorrow (10/16/12)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joro

Train Attendant
Just got word our long awaited train to chi has been changed to a BUS! Anyone know what's going on? I't's not posted on their web site. Do I assume correctly that the roomette charge will be refunded? If so how do I get the refund? Thanks.

Number 8 is over 9 hours late today.
Bypassed the bus and flew to Chi. When I mentioned the EB to the ticket agent I got a big groan as they will have to wait for the EB until it arrives at midnight.

Bypassed the bus and flew to Chi. When I mentioned the EB to the ticket agent I got a big groan as they will have to wait for the EB until it arrives at midnight.
I hope that they didn't cancel your reservation for the LSL when you no-showed for the bus. A very dangerous move, unless you called Amtrak to tell them what you were doing.

And of course Amtrak will do nothing to help pay for that flight, its all on you. All you get is a refund for the EB leg of the trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that they didn't cancel your reservation for the LSL when you no-showed for the bus. A very dangerous move, unless you called Amtrak to tell them what you were doing.

And of course Amtrak will do nothing to help pay for that flight, its all on you. All you get is a refund for the EB leg of the trip.
They would not cancel the reservation until 2 hours after the train leaves MSP, plus he talked to an Amtrak agent at CHI. As for cost, the walk-up air fare is almost exactly the same as a low-bucket roomette MSP-CHI.

Last edited by a moderator:
They would not cancel the reservation until 2 hours after the train leaves MSP, plus he talked to an Amtrak agent at CHI. As for cost, the walk-up air fare is almost exactly the same as a low-bucket roomette MSP-CHI.
Hard to say, after all the conductors would still have to collect the tickets from those riding the buses. So I'm not sure how they'd handle things in this case.

Hard to say, after all the conductors would still have to collect the tickets from those riding the buses. So I'm not sure how they'd handle things in this case.
It's a one hour flight to Chicago. By the time the conductor figured it out he would be in Chicago, Union Station, waiting on his next train. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back