Business Class

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capltd29

Lead Service Attendant
I picked up train 66 from Richmond and rode it to Washington DC last Friday. I had arranged to get Business class seats, and when the train pulled in there was no Business class car. I thought that it maybe was bad ordered or something. To my surprise, they boarded us in the Cafe car, and the front half of the car had been converted to 2 and1 seating with leather type seat material.

I'll try to get pics as soon as I can!

Jon

That's was very common of late for many of the trains that have business class cars, to use the old Metroliner Club Cars many of which have now been refurbished with the interior that you saw.

Of course with the current Acela crisis, many of those cars were pressed back into service as Metroliner First Class cars.

Now if we could just get the sleeper back on 66/67. :blink:

We have one of those club cafe cars with the 1/2 business class section on the west coast operating daily on trains 798/799 (the central coast Pacific Surfliner trains). It has been operating as the business class car since these trains were created back in November, 2004. The seating is quite comfortable and I find it to be well worth the upgrade price.

AlanB said:
That's was very common of late for many of the trains that have business class cars, to use the old Metroliner Club Cars many of which have now been refurbished with the interior that you saw.
Of course with the current Acela crisis, many of those cars were pressed back into service as Metroliner First Class cars.

Now if we could just get the sleeper back on 66/67. :blink:
I would have used that sleeper back in february, Alan. A few hours of sleep would have beeng great. However on second thought, I might have spent a lot of time looking out the window. Either would have been better from a sleeper rather than from the business class car that I rode in. The seat did not even line up well with the window.

Latest posts

Back