Business class on 66/67

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heading North

Service Attendant
Just curious since it has been a while since I rode this train: are 66/67 operating with the same regular business class car as the other NE Regionals these days, or with the 2-1 seating mixed BC/cafe? When I rode almost two years ago it was the regular BC car, which was a disappointment given the long overnight journey. (I am planning a trip from BOS to ALX... wish the sleeping car would return to the route, but that is clearly asking too much!)

It's been a while since I was on that train, but I always preferred the full length BC car. The light and noise from the cafe made sleeping hopeless in the split car for me.

Like keelhauled above, I get better rest in a full BC car as the armrests prevent any diagonal positions.

Note that I said 'rest', not 'sleep'. If you have the same crew that I had twice and vowed 'never again', they will be repeating each others announcements at full volume every 10 minutes or so with lights on full all night long.

Latest posts

Back