Buffalo,NY

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BUF is in Depew - is east of Buffalo and is served by the LSL and all Empire Service trains and the ML. BFX is Exchange Street station and is in downtown Buffafo, but is not served by the LSL.

BUF is in Depew - is east of Buffalo and is served by the LSL and all Empire Service trains and the ML. BFX is Exchange Street station and is in downtown Buffafo, but is not served by the LSL.

So BFX is used more for local folks & BUF is used more for connections to other trains?

RF

So BFX is used more for local folks & BUF is used more for connections to other trains?

RF
I wouldn't really say "connections to other trains", because the only "other" train is the LSL. All the rest can be ridden to say Albany or NYP from BFX without making a connection.

When I went to Buffalo, I chose BUF (Depew) because of it's ease of use (easy to get to from I-90, easy free parking, etc...). I thought the downtown location might not be as safe and might have to pay for parking. I was not taking the LSL, so i could have gone downtown if i had wanted though.

Parking is free at either station, but I would be more comfortable leaving my car for a few nights in Depew than at Exchange St (though I think I would be OK with leaving it overnight there). Unlike BFX, BUF is staffed 24 hours a day, so there's an element of added security there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back