Buf-Chi-New Orleans

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

celtic

Hello Everyone

Well I am back from my trip to New Orleans and Central America. I will tell you about my trip down to New Orleans.

Arrived at the Buffalo amtrak station at 8pm for a midnight ride to Chicago. I came in from Canada and got dropped

of that is why so early. Took a twenty minute walk up the street and spent the next few hours eating wings and drinking

beer then back to the station at llpm. We were told there would be a half hour delay. This turned in to a two hour wait

Train finally arrived at two am. Boarded with half a dozen others to find that there was no room anywhere as people were

sprawl out sleeping. Eventually the conductor arrived and told us to move people who were sleeping. I did not think this was

our responsibility and made people uneasy. Finally got a seat with some guy who thought he could lean against me while he

slept. The compartment emptied somewhat at Cleveland and I got to stretch out for a few hours until passengers boarded and

I moved other to give someone a seat.

Arrived in Chicago around ten in the morning. I had a full day to wander around as my train was not leaving till eight pm

that evening. As I had a sleeper booked I was allowed access to the first class lounge where I left my bags and had a coffee

and a danish.

Boarded the train at eight pm sharp. Went to my compartment and was told supper would be ready in half and hour. Had a nice

meal, steak and potatoes then of to have a few beers in my room. Went to bed around midnight but seeing the sleepers were at

the front of the train it was somewhat noisy with the steam whistle going of quiet frequently, soon got used to it though.

Woke up and went to enjoy a tasty breakfast at seven am. I think we were close to Memphis by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back