Bucket Prices

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PJRACER

Service Attendant
How do you determine if anything is at the lowest bucket. Is the conductor or the attendant on the train equipped to take a credit card and give you a receipt?? I have been seeing when checking on the train from DC to Chicago a price of $125 for roomette......which I guess it won't go any lower than that??? The conductor or the attendant can put anyprice he wants on that roomette if you try to pay on board???? Just trying to clear my mind on all the terminolgy you seasoned AMTRAC'ers use.

No, the conductor is suppose to charge you the lowest bucket if a room is available. They can't just charge you any price that they make up. It's been a couple years since I've done an onboard upgrade, but I think they have to call operations and they tell the price for the room. Then they can call and have your new room blocked out.

I believe $125 is the lowest bucket between CHI and WAS. If that is available on the day you want to travel, I would snag it right now. Don't wait. May as well grab it now. But I'm sure if you're just playing with dates to find the cheapest bucket.

No, the conductor is suppose to charge you the lowest bucket if a room is available. They can't just charge you any price that they make up. It's been a couple years since I've done an onboard upgrade, but I think they have to call operations and they tell the price for the room. Then they can call and have your new room blocked out.

I believe $125 is the lowest bucket between CHI and WAS. If that is available on the day you want to travel, I would snag it right now. Don't wait. May as well grab it now. But I'm sure if you're just playing with dates to find the cheapest bucket.
I agree. Grab it now. You won't do any better by waiting to do an onboard upgrade, and then there is no guarantee there will be a room available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back