Boston south ststion

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AKA

OBS Chief
Need help about restaurants near Boston south station. If on time or near on time will be there 7-9 PM on LSL, 10 dec. 05. Would like to get a bite to eat while waiting on #67 to WAS. While on this subject, what about a good place for breakfast in WAS Sunday morning? Thanks in advance.

AKA said:
Need help about restaurants near Boston south station. If on time or near on time will be there 7-9 PM on LSL, 10 dec. 05. Would like to get a bite to eat while waiting on #67 to WAS.
I'm not sure about true resturants that are near South Station, but you can find a list of food establishments inside South Station here at Kevin Korell's website.

If you are looking for real sit down resturants, I'm sure that there are several within a few blocks walk of South Station. I just couldn't name them, sorry. :( Maybe someone else can. :)

Thanks ALAN, Kevin Korell's web site was very helpful. Downtown Crossing opened up a whole new ball game. Lots of things to do (Eat ect.) while waiting for # 67. Its a pedestrian mall just out side of Boston South Station. We are planing a CLE-BOS-WAS-CLE trip for next week end or in JAN aftre the rush. :D

AKA said:
Downtown Crossing opened up a whole new ball game. Lots of things to do (Eat ect.) while waiting for # 67. Its a pedestrian mall just out side of Boston South Station.
Yup, we've eaten in that mall a few times while on Train fests in Boston. You can get there either with a short walk or by subway.

..... or take the subway and then eat at the Subway. :D

Also, note that the listing for Downtown Crossing is just for The Corner food court. There are other fast food-type restaurants located in storefronts on Washington and Summer Streets themselves, or over on Tremont closer to the Park and Boylston stations on the Green Line. Or, you can walk down Washington Street a bit from Downtown Crossing and come to Chinatown.

When I was in Boston in July I went down to the Prudential Center, which is a mall accessible via Red Line to Green Line IIRC. It's a really nice mall, food court, couple of nice shops, Barnes & Noble, etc.

If you have the time, Legal Seafoods is one of the best seafood restaurants that I know of. There are several outlets in Boston and in Washington D.C. I do not recall the exact locations though. The one in Washington is about a blcok from a station on the red line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back