Bos and Penn Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gabbygrrl

Train Attendant
Two quick questions: at South Station, if we have Biz class on the NER connecting that day to a roomette on the Crescent, do we have Lounge access in Bos?

Also are there any stores inside Penn Station that would sell alcohol (specifically beer)?? We would like to buy some for our roomette but do not want to carry it from Boston.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Yes, you'll have lounge access in Boston by virtue of your Roomette ticket for later in the day - not because of your ticket from BOS to NYP (you'd need to be in Acela First for that to give you access).

Someone else will have to help you with the booze buying - I'd be very surprised if that wasn't possible somewhere in NYP.

Yes, you'll have lounge access in Boston by virtue of your Roomette ticket for later in the day - not because of your ticket from BOS to NYP (you'd need to be in Acela First for that to give you access).
Just for infiormation .... there are two other ways in which you can get access to Club Acelas:

1. Be an Amtrak Guest Rewards Select Plus member

2. Be a United Club member

Also are there any stores inside Penn Station that would sell alcohol (specifically beer)?? We would like to buy some for our roomette but do not want to carry it from Boston.
There are places to buy beer within the station. Not sure if they actually sell a six pack, they tend to cater more to the worker rushing home wanting a beer to drink on the train. But that said, there is a liquor store on the lower level of Penn that may or may not sell beer. I never looked, but I purchased wine there and they sell other hard liquor there.

If you come out of the lounge and walk to the center of the main waiting area under the big board, go down the stairs that are ahead of you right in the center area. Don't go down the stairs behind you or you have to do a 180. The liquor store will be on your left sandwiched in between two LIRR gates. It's called Penn Wine & Spirits.

Many of the fast food places on the lower level also sell beer. This story discusses a few places.

I look forward to a report on your experience. I'm traveling from Boston to NOL - taking the Crescent from Penn. Sta. in late February.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back