Booking multiple rooms with points?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PatchesC

Train Attendant
AU Supporting Member
With AGR and TQP points, if I book multiple roomettes (traveling with 5 adults) do I get the accommodation portion of points for all the rooms or just one I'm in?
Then CC or Status companion passes 2 questions to decide if worth applying: do they expire the same year they are issued or a year from issue?
Also can you book more than 2 people when using a companion pass and it still get the 1 person free?

With AGR and TQP points, if I book multiple roomettes (traveling with 5 adults) do I get the accommodation portion of points for all the rooms or just one I'm in?
Then CC or Status companion passes 2 questions to decide if worth applying: do they expire the same year they are issued or a year from issue?
Also can you book more than 2 people when using a companion pass and it still get the 1 person free?
TQP points are not used for booking/paying for trips (they are not redeemble), only for achieveing "status" (Select, Select Plus, etc.). You will earn TQPs on the reservations though.
The person who is named first on the reservation/ticket gets the accomodation charge portion plus his/her basic railfare. Other named persons only earn points for the basic railfare (about equal to coach fare).

Last edited:
TQP points are not used for booking/paying for trips (they are not redeemble), only for achieveing "status" (Select, Select Plus, etc.). You will earn TQPs on the reservations though.
The person who is named first on the reservation/ticket gets the accomodation charge portion plus his/her basic railfare. Other named persons only earn points for the basic railfare (about equal to coach fare).
Thanks, that really makes a difference for the CC being worth it. It would put me close to the Select status, then adding in my planned spending for the extra 1000 TQP increments would get me to the Plus.

Latest posts

Back