Booking a ticket from YOC to SFC

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lee. HS

I tried to book a ticket from YOC to SFC on Amtrack website.
I found a weird result and asked Amtrack by e-mail, but I have had no response yet.

There are two results:
1. 2:15p(DEPARTS) - 8:50p(ARRIVES)
2. 12:00p(DEPARTS) - 10:45p(ARRIVES)

The second reslut is :
YOC -> MCD(8415 Connecting Bus) 12:00p - 2:57p
MCD -> EMY(719 San Joaquins) 7:23p - 10:18p
EMY -> SFC(6619 Connecting Bus)

But, according to the route 15a website(Amtrak Thruway Buses - Merced to Yosemite | Amtrak San Joaquins), 8415 Connecting Bus is supposed to connect to 715(3:23p) or 716 San Joaquins.

Is there a way to book a ticket(8415 Connecting Bus & 715 San Joaquins)?

Otherwise, do I need to book 8415 Connecting Bus on YARTS website and MCD -> SFC(715 San Joaquins) on Amtrack website separately?

Thanks in advance for your help.

As far as I can see, the Yosemite buses have been coded in very poorly for some city pairs this summer. I think it'd be easier to book the YARTS segment through YARTS.

An example of a dumber one - if you try to book anywhere on the 120/395 route to San Francisco, you get these long transfers. This itinerary is impossible to book westbound to any train station (instead of SFC) and the second Mammoth Lakes - Yosemite Valley roundtrip hasn't been coded in either.
Screenshot 2023-07-21 at 7.39.24 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-07-21 at 7.40.24 PM.png

As far as I can see, the Yosemite buses have been coded in very poorly for some city pairs this summer. I think it'd be easier to book the YARTS segment through YARTS.

An example of a dumber one - if you try to book anywhere on the 120/395 route to San Francisco, you get these long transfers. This itinerary is impossible to book westbound to any train station (instead of SFC) and the second Mammoth Lakes - Yosemite Valley roundtrip hasn't been coded in either.
View attachment 33185 View attachment 33186
Thank you for your answer. I will book 8415 Connecting Bus on YARTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back