Boarding Pass (or Amtrak's version of the same)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An yes the conductor can find your reservation on his Iphone if you happen not to be able to find yours. Not sure about sleepers but I have done this when boarding Amtrak California coach cars. Not much time between Emeryville and Oakland so sometime a name is quicker for the conductor.
Correct. I forgot my ticket when boarding a Surfliner at LAX and the conductor just looked it up on his device, no problem.

The technology is such that basically all that's needed is the name. They might ask for ID to back it up, but the name can always be looked up.

I had my (live) 10-ride ticket that was missing a bar code due to a printer error (likely one roller wasn't pressing the stock against the print head), and every time I used it a conductor would look it up based on my reservation number. They don't strictly need the ticket for any e-Ticket either.

However, there really aren't too many cases where one gets a separate boarding pass from the ticket. The e-Ticket document in paper or electronic form is essentially the boarding pass, even though the same document can be used for multiple segments. And one of the more interesting things I've done is to reprint my ticket after I've used segments. The segments disappear one at a time as they get used, even though the reservation number stays the same.

Back