Board meeting and segways

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know but it sounds very interesting.

Someone must have tried it already.

My link some notes from a board meeting . all from Joe Boardman .

fascinating read IMO

I was looking up If I can tote a Segway on the cascades from EUG to PDX .......

Peter
This was not a board meeting, but an old 2010 appearance before a congressional committee.

As far as the Segway, I am sure you could check it, but I can't imagine where you would put it on board.

TO all its gonna be for medical use ....

Its gonna be this >>>My link is a legal wheelchair.... they can't say no. But is heavy as all hell .

Or its a Segway with it being 80 or so Lbs .

Ill be chatting with the PDX and EUG station master tomarrow on the phone . its There call . but If I can avoid the mobility chair I Will.

The Sheer fact that Mr B is aware of what a Segway is .. And has no clear judgement against it . Leads me to hope some friendly chit chat with some people might solve this issue.

some background on me .......... I can stand all I want whit my new knee... .. its just that I cant never again bike with constant leg movement ..

So a bike on a rack is outta the question ...

Peter

Aloha

I sure hope the one on the right does not show up at the rrmuseum. It's apparent length will prevent it fro accessing our lift into the train.Also I can't imagine it is capable of accessing the Superliners ADA cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back