BlueWater

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GG-1

Engineer
Honored Member
Aloha

7:00AM my friend dropped me off at the East Lansing station for my trip to Chicago on 365 The BlueWater train Arrived in morning steam from a factory with the sunrise back lighting the scene, Picture to post later. We departing on time but the conductor announced we will be delayed due to a car train accident. Notice how the crew referred to the incident

They just called for my Texas Eagle boarding so will finish this later.

Eric

Aloha

Well to continue, without pictures, until I get back to Honolulu and my DSL.

The BlueWater goes through some hard hit areas including several Car plants that were demolished. The Accident was on the other track so delay was minor with slow running just around the investigators. We arrived about 15 minutes late and Richard Simmons was doing something in the Great Hall so I just went into the Lounge. As I entered the Attendants we announcing " the Lounge was for passengers with sleepers for today. She Checked my tickets and gave me a Grey pass with my departure information on the Texas Eagle. She also told me about the snacks and drinks, which I proceeded o enjoy after freshening up in the rest room. While writing the previous part I met a couple from NYC going on the EB. I was surprised to hear the announcement to collect tickets. The TE was on track 16 ant the through sleeper was on the front so the conducter sent us out in a red cap cart an hour before departure which explains why I said so little time to write before.

More later

Eric

Aloha

Continued/Pictures

Finally home to my DSL and started to upload Pictures to my Picture Stie

Here are 3 of the arrival of the BlueWater in East Lansing MI.

509688341_2hERL-M.jpg

509688629_wNyRZ-M.jpg

509689131_JQFbx-M.jpg

The rest of my trip pictures will accompany my Texas Eagle report

Mahalo

Eric

I didn't realize that the Blue Water uses Superliner equipment.
BTW - What is a Stie? :lol:
Can I say I had just washed my hands and couldn't do anything with them. :rolleyes: , no then I will just confess my typing is worse than my spelling. :huh: or should I write site 100 times. not here as it wouldn't help.

I didn't know they did either, made boarding and bag storage much easier, and gave better views of the countryside. If seeing such a depressed part of the country, worth seeing. I felt that this area was the worst area hit by the Auto failures but also felt the excitement of the coming growth ahead.

Anyway Aloha

Eric

The Blue Water and some of the other Michigan services get Superliners during the winter when the LD's can spare the equipment and the single leve cars are prone to freezing up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back