Birthday Bonus

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also received a cool 500 points for my birthday today. I wonder if the amount of points received has any relation to one's rail status? I am Select+ but was only expecting to receive 100 points when I received the email.

I went ahead an added a birthday. I'm not completely accurate, but it's only 100 points and Amtrak's web servers don't need to know my actual birthday anyway. Even 500 points is not worth enough for me to start spreading personal details that could be used to take out a loan in my name the next time Amtrak's servers are compromised. So I picked a date that's in the general area without being loan-application accurate. Be safe out there folks, your personal information can be more valuable to thieves than you might think.

My mom got her 100 point bonus a couple weeks ago, but my boyfriend has yet to get his. His bday was on the 17th and yes, it's listed on his profile.

I also received a cool 500 points for my birthday today. I wonder if the amount of points received has any relation to one's rail status? I am Select+ but was only expecting to receive 100 points when I received the email.
It must be tiered either to membership level or YTD rail miles. I am Select + with almost double the miles needed for 2011 Select + YTD and got 500 today. :)

It's a new thing that started with the new year, so unless your birthday fell in Jan, Feb, or the first days of March, then you won't have seen this bonus before. And you must have your birthday in your profile in order to get the bonus.
My birthday was in April and it's been in my profile since day 1, but alas, no points showed up. :-(

Wah! I got nothing :( and my bday was in my profile :(
Make sure that your email address is correct and that the email didn't land in a spam folder. It's not automatic, you have to respond to the email by clicking on a link contained therein AFAIK.

Make sure that your email address is correct and that the email didn't land in a spam folder. It's not automatic, you have to respond to the email by clicking on a link contained therein AFAIK.
Double checked my boyfriends email and his spam folder. Email was correct and nothing in the spam folder. Maybe there's a minimum amount of points you have to have in order to be eligible?

And you must have your birthday in your profile in order to get the bonus.
Just added my birthday to my AGR profile. Thanks!
How do you do this, I see no place to change/add info on the AGR page for those that already joined??
CCCharlie --

On the AGR site after you've logged on, click the My Account button at the top, then choose Member Information on the left side. Date of Birth is the next item under Name.

Has anyone had a birthday lately? Did you get a birthday bonus? My birthday is just after Amtrak takes over AGR and it would be nice to get a bonus, but maybe I should not get my hopes up too high.

Thanks.

Has anyone had a birthday lately? Did you get a birthday bonus? My birthday is just after Amtrak takes over AGR and it would be nice to get a bonus, but maybe I should not get my hopes up too high.

Thanks.
I got mine in July Penny and my birthday is in Feb!! :eek: Hope you do, we all are waiting to see all the details when Day 1 hits the new and hopefully improved AGR! ;)

Thanks.
My birthday was in the 2nd week of September, and yes, I did get that Birthday email from AGR.

Of course, I had my birthday specified in my personal AGR info.

While the 100 points is nice, I don't understand why they can't just give them to you, instead of requiring to go thru the "click on this" stuff first.

I have a birthday everyday? (One day older!)
mosking.gif
So shouldn't I get a birthday bonus everyday?
huh.gif

Back