Bike Week on Auto Train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pennyk

Amtrak Rider
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
Yes, I will admit that the title is a bit misleading. First, I do not own or ride a motorcycle; and second, I am not traveling on the Auto Train now.

However, I did drive my car to the Auto Train Station in Sanford today (3/15/13) to say hello to my aunt and uncle who will be boarding the northbound AT any minute on their way back to their home in Long Island. (They are snowbirds who winter in Boynton Beach).

The Bike Week reference refers to Bike Week that is currently taking place in Daytona Beach (not too far from Sanford). Quite a few bikers are taking the AT back north and there were "loads" of motorcycles in the staging area getting ready to be placed in the car carriers.

It was an interesting group of passengers in the waiting room - bikers and octogenarians. :wacko:

BTW - the wi-fi worked fine in the waiting room. The weather in Sanford was perfect - sunny and high 60's/low 70's. I do not understand why everyone was not sitting outdoors.

It was a pleasant trip - other than the awful I-95 traffic. I should have known better. Today is Friday and bike week and the first day of the Winter Park Art Festival.

Not much of a trip report, but this is all I have for now. I likely won't be riding a train until May, but at least today I got to look at one up close. :)

They didn't let you bring your tricycle aboard? :blush: And I-95 traffic? Boy you did make a wrong turn. I-95 is nowhere near Sanford/Winter Park/Orlando. That's I-4! :p

Just one question: Which group do you more associate with? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
They didn't let you bring your tricycle aboard? :blush: And I-95 traffic? Boy you did make a wrong turn. I-95 is nowhere near Sanford/Winter Park/Orlando. That's I-4! :p
Oops - I meant to say I-4 traffic. You caught me. I hope I looked more like a biker than an octogenarian - especially the way I was dressed. I was wearing a blue jean skirt and a black t-shirt with wings on the back (it was a yoga t-shirt, but could have been mistaken for a biker chick t-shirt from the back). My tattoos were covered up. :giggle:

Oops - I meant to say I-4 traffic. You caught me. I hope I looked more like a biker than an octogenarian - especially the way I was dressed. I was wearing a blue jean skirt and a black t-shirt with wings on the back (it was a yoga t-shirt, but could have been mistaken for a biker chick t-shirt from the back). My tattoos were covered up. :giggle:
Aloha

If you subtract the 5 from the 9 you get 4 so you were correct and didn't know it.

And you as a biker chick? that is an interesting visualization.

Took the AT a couple years ago just prior to Bike Week. Had the usual good time chatting with our fellow travelers. It was hilarious when we got to Sanford and saw the same folks now in their "leathers" and climbing on their cycles. Good fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back