Big Round Trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just returned from my 27 day trip which involved six trains (total of 9 days & 5 nights on the trains). All were on time; the last, 2(01) left LAX 2 hrs 15 min late and arrived on time in SAS last night. In LA they cited 'mechanical problems discovered in the yard' as the cause of the delay and I for one was happy they 'discovered' them in the yard rather than on the road. There seemed to be brief intermittent power issues throughout that trip but it was minor - for passengers at least.

Everything seemed to be in good working order...no breakdowns, no non-functional toilets. I didn't even use my duct tape or safety pins. I had some outstanding car attendants and diner crew. All trains were clean and well patronized. In SLO I walked down to the station for the 11/14 meet everyday and they were both on time (with PPCs) every day.

So I have no complaint after a MAJOR Amtrak experience. I enjoyed every moment and it was not a minute too long. I got where I wanted to go in a very agreeable mannner and at an acceptable price. What's not to like?

I just returned from my 27 day trip which involved six trains (total of 9 days & 5 nights on the trains).
Sounds like a great Trip! Glad everything went so well for you. We'd love to hear more... which trains between which cities, and what parts of the Trip struck you as most interesting.

Im planning to ride the Zephyr from Emeryville to Chicago to overnight in CHI then on to Red Wing on the Builder to get back home from a cross country road trip with a rental car. Planning to do sleeper on the EMY-CHI segment on the Zephyr.

Planning to aim for 6 Jan.If anybody is looking for a hop on the zephyr around that time eastbound.. I'd be happy to add someone in with me in the roomette and then split the cost of the roomette fee :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back