Best Viewliner Room

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely, someone paid for the room, and had bunches of his/her "friends from coach sharing it, which of course is still wrong. Most SCA's would not let someone "annex" an unpaid for room, since they would have to clean it and make it up.
I would hope Amtrak does not take kindly to that kind of "hot racking" a Sleeper Room. I know if I was an SCA or Conductor it would not take place on my watch.

Re: Shower room on Viewliner.

In my experience of 10 years traveling on the Viewliner, the shower room is always well-filled with luggage. I did not know it was ever available for showering.

Shower room on Cardinal was free of extra luggage last weekend. It was my first time using a shower room on a train. My only complaint about how it was set up was that I could not put the seat down. The SCA had a box with a towel draped over it and the towels/soaps nicely stacked on the box blocking the seat.

The one time I encountered a Viewliner with luggage stacked in the Shower Room the SCA gladly said he would move it when I was ready to Shower up; and he did, making sure there were towels and soap ready to go for me. When I was through, I cleaned up and dried the room and moved the bags back in.

Only once (out of perhaps a score of Viewliner trips) did I find the shower used as a luggage storage room. In that case, the SCA grudgingly moved the baggage, after I said I'd be happy to shower in the adjacent sleeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back