Belated Post gathering report.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amtrakwolverine

Engineer
checked out of the hotel at 1PM and Made my way to the station. It was not raining when I left the hotel so I walked arriving around 1:20PM. A short while I was greeted by dave(fredavad) who then wandered off to find something to eat. A while later ran into Al(oldtimer2) tall al and Bill. Right at 4Pm alan and his mom arrived. At 4:20PM they boarded sleeping car passengers then at 4:25PM they boarded Coach passengers. the Train departed right at 4:40PM. shortly after

the train departed the one of the dining car stewardess took dinner reservations. I took the 7:15PM seating time. While waiting for dinner time to be called Dave(fredavad) came walking by so I decided to join him at the railfan window out of the last coach car and filmed some of the coast line from the rear window.At 7:15Pm I went to the diner and was seated with 2 others and soon joined by tall alan(just-thinking-51). I had the short rib and diet pepsi and for dessert a

chocolate covered terrimasue.

Tried to sleep around 8:30PM and managed to sleep on and off till about 7:30AM when I decided to go to breakfast. Saw alan and his mom eating breakfast. there table was full so i was not seated with them. For breakfast I had the french toast With bacon and diet pepsi along with a coffee.After breakfast and while heading back to coach I saw alan(just-thinking-51) having breakfast.We arrived at whitefish about 30 minutes late and had to do 3 stops

since they were working on the platform pouring new cement for the platform.At 11:30AM I went to the diner for lunch and was sat with the same gentlemen from breakfast. Once again I saw Alan and his mom in the diner. They showed up After I did. I also saw bill go walking by. I Had The steak burger and diet Pepsi.I passed on dessert this time. When The Train arrived at Harve I saw a boarder agent come on board and just walk the train. Saw a few hanging around the station outside like lastime.

Now our lounge attendant Mrs.Oliver shes something else shes funny when it comes to lounge announcements. You can tell she likes her job. Around 1Pm I went to the lounge and got a cold box dinner that was left over which had 2 pieces of broasted chicken a dinner role and a fruit salad. I don´t care for cold chicken but it was OK. Its what the sleeping car pax in the Portland section of the builder get when the diner goes to Seattle.

When the LSA came around for dinner revvys Me and dave(fredevad) took the 5:30PM revvy as that was all that was left. Even Alan and his mother who are in sleeper could only get 5:30PM seating. For Dinner I had the short rib again a diet Pepsi and for dessert a 3.5 oz cup of chocolate peanut butter ice cream which was good. Dave had the salmon which he also had the night before but this time was a little dry. Tried to sleep around 8:35 and slept on and off till about 7AM. Went for breakfast and had the french toast with pork sausage and diet Pepsi along with a coffee.Lunch started at 11:00AM Instead of 11:30AM so that they could prepare for our arrival into Chicago. For Lunch I had the Angus steak burger again with diet Pepsi and chocolate peanut butter Icecream for dessert.After Lunch I went into the Lounge car for awhile to watch the scenery.The train arrived into Chicago around 4:40PM. After the fiasco of trying to get into the lounge before leaving on the empire builder I elected not to use it even though I got a pass from jim hudson.

The wolverine was to board at gate D but was changed to gate C. I saw the TSA set up at a table in the area between the gates checking out randoms peoples luggage. I saw them inspect a guys acoustic guitar. They had the blue uniforms on.While on the train waiting to depart I saw a northeast regional food service car on I think it was the hooserstate which left at 5:45PM. there was another horizon consist and one of the workers was using a flashlight to check one of the wheels while the train moved slowly. The wolverine departed on time and saw allot of Amtrak traffic and one of the anniversary engines(the diet Pepsi one) leading on of the superliner trains into the station. when they announced the cafe car open i went and got a pepperoni pizza and a diet Pepsi.Tried to get some sleep but only managed maybe a hour or so. Arrived into royal oak and took a cab home.

Thanks Kevin for an entertaining trip report. You sure drink a lot of diet Pepsi - but who am I to talk? :lol:

I am surprised that you did not walk to Whole Foods during your CHI layover. :lol: :lol:

Thanks Kevin for an entertaining trip report. You sure drink a lot of diet Pepsi - but who am I to talk? :lol:

I am surprised that you did not walk to Whole Foods during your CHI layover. :lol: :lol:
nah that our special time :giggle:

Re - Northeast Regional Cafe car: Don't know if it was used anywhere else nearby, but I do know that it was in use on the Anniversary Train when it was in MKE ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back