Being Grateful on a Train and Random Acts of Kindness

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Everydaymatters

Engineer
This topic was borrowed, with a few words changed, from a topic in Travelogues/Trip Reports.

What random acts of kindness have you witnessed or personally experienced from other passengers?

A few years ago my cousin and I traveled round trip the long way from Chicago to Seattle. She had a cough that just wouldn't let up. A man in one of the bedrooms brought her some cough syrup his wife had been give by a doctor on the cruise they had just completed. That doesn't seem like much, but it helped my cousin tremendously. The rest of our trip was so much more peaceful after that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great post Betty!

've seen many acts of kindness aboard Amtrak trains and in Rail Stations, including assisting foriegn visitors, first time riders, the elderly and infirm and mothers traveling with small children.

Perhaps my favorite stories are about those anonymous folks who have paid for Meals in the Diner for service members riding in Coach ( Uncle Sam is still cheap on Travel Pay and per diem) to thank them for their Service and their Sacrifices!

On our last few trips we have had the pleasure of meeting some of the nicest conductors and SCA's imagineable. On our CZ trip we had the pleasure of dealing with an SCA by the name of Roland. He was upbeat accomodating very helpful and jovial. On our Card trip, Quinton, (a young guy working his way up) was accomodating and aproached his work with a great attitude and work ethic. There was also a conductor (forget his name) but he had an elaborate hair cut with corn rolls. He was another super guy. Very friendly and super helpful.

In 15 years of Amtrak travel on numerous LD trips, we have been blessed to meet some of the finest people around. If you treat others with goodness, kindness and respect, it always seems to return your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back