beds normally made during dinner? seems early

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic:
General health rule is not to eat a big meal right before bedtime. It goes straight to your waist line.

You should eat 2 hours before bedtime.

Good goal, if you can.
Very true. But 3 heavy slops a day on the train combined over a 3 or 4 day trip can result in a good case of getting foundered :huh: :unsure: :(

Off topic:
General health rule is not to eat a big meal right before bedtime. It goes straight to your waist line.

You should eat 2 hours before bedtime.

Good goal, if you can.
Your body doesn't care what time you eat. That's an old wives tale to prevent people from snacking (i.e. overeating) late at night in front of the TV. I've lost 60 pounds, and I eat right before bed every night. So do a lot of my friends who've lost 50-100 pounds. Your body only cares about the number of calories you consume/expend. The only down side to eating right before bed is that it can cause indigestion and/or weird dreams. If you want a bedtime snack, and it fits your allotted calories, eat it. :)

As for the beds, I don't mind if they make it up right after dinner. We either use the bottom bunk as a couch or my boyfriend climbs up into his bunk and we lay in bed reading for a while. I like to watch the towns passing by at night, so I kind of wish the lower bunks were even with the windows. It's uncomfortable to sit up against pillows because the top of the seat pushes my head forward and hurts my neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back