Bedroom A on Superliner Captiol Limited from WASH-CHI

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good bedroom or not?
Should I move?
If you're by yourself A is OK, but there is less Room due to the layout and it is over the Trucks and by the End door, but there is no connecting door to B next door so will be quieter.

Most of us prefer E, since it's closest to the Coffee and the Stairs, and is in the Middle of the Car for a Smoother ride.But they're all good!;)

Whether or not the Couch faces forward depends on how the Car is hooked up in the consist.( Its a Lotto)

Last edited:
I have only traveled in an A bedroom once and I found it satisfactory. It was only for one night, and I enjoyed not hearing the toilet flush in the room next to me. However, if you are a large person or are traveling with another person, it may be a tight fit.

I chose Bedroom A for all legs of my recent six-night trip and liked it, but I was alone and don't think it would have been as nice if I were with my wife. I liked not hearing as much personal noise from the next room, which I find much more irritating than train noise (such as the end-of-car door). Considering how much I walk around the train when I travel, it surprises me that the door opens so rarely.

I suspect that Bedroom A is usually the last assigned, so you might not be able to switch anyway.

I understand the folks who think A is not a good choice. The layout is difficult for many, the space is small. Since one is paying a premium for a Bedroom, it makes sense for them to get one with lots of space, easy access to the bathroom regardless of size, room to move about and enough space for your luggage -- i.e. any bedroom other than A.

Last edited:
I suspect that Bedroom A is usually the last assigned, so you might not be able to switch anyway.

From my experience at the Call Center I believe that the ways rooms are assigned are by how many sleepers. So if there are two Sleepers ARROW will assign the E rooms first, then the D rooms, C, and on to A. So yes A is normally the last assigned.

Hope that makes sense.

I chose Bedroom A for all legs of my recent six-night trip and liked it, but I was alone and don't think it would have been as nice if I were with my wife. I liked not hearing as much personal noise from the next room, which I find much more irritating than train noise (such as the end-of-car door). Considering how much I walk around the train when I travel, it surprises me that the door opens so rarely.

You were right on point. I checked and it was the last. But as long as I have a bedroom on the train, then A it is.

Back