Baggage Storage on Silver Meteor?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dank

Train Attendant
I will be taking the Silver Meteor from Baltimore to Orlando in March. I know there is checked baggage on the train, but what type of storage does the Silver Meteor have a on board? Also at the Amtrak station in Orlando how hard is it to catch a taxi. Thanks in advance!

There is a luggage rack above your seat where luggage can be stored. Orlando usually has cabs available, and there used to be a courtesy phone to call if needed (not sure if phone still is present).

In my opinion, the roomettes don't have a lot of room for storage. This is particularly true if you are traveling with someone.

Some of the coaches have racks near the vestibules that can handle larger bags.

As far as transportation from Orlando station, there should be taxis, but I would recommend Uber or Lyft (use UBERJIMSAV or LYFTJIMSAV for a promo code if you haven't used these services before). About 1/2 the price of a cab and generally cleaner and more comfortable.

If you're not hard up on time and you are REALLY trying to save a buck, and if the routes support it, you can take a bus either from outside the station, or about three blocks away on Orange Ave. Check out golynx.com for details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone, the information is very helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back