Bad News For The Meatball Sub Fans!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acela150

Super Buff
Rode 173 today from RTE to PHL went to the cafe car after a 20 minute late departure from RTE and my ticket was collected. I asked the LSA if the Meatball Sub was still on the menu after I didn't see it. He said and I quote " They took it off the menu two weeks ago ". :unsure: :angry2: I was heartbroken to say the least! :blink: So I'm breaking the sad news that their is NO MORE MEATBALL SUB!! :unsure:

Rode 173 today from RTE to PHL went to the cafe car after a 20 minute late departure from RTE and my ticket was collected. I asked the LSA if the Meatball Sub was still on the menu after I didn't see it. He said and I quote " They took it off the menu two weeks ago ". :unsure: :angry2: I was heartbroken to say the least! :blink: So I'm breaking the sad news that their is NO MORE MEATBALL SUB!! :unsure:

I mourn your loss, as I too am a meatball sub aficionado.

This could be one of the worst tragedies of the year, but if they ever even think about taking away my Char-Broiled Cheeseburger on the Heartland Flyer, I will be savagely upset :rolleyes: :eek: :angry:

So what did you get instead?
Two Hot Dogs, And a warm Pepsi. Rode BC. If you go Coach from BOS, BBY, or RTE the fare is about $59 low bucket. I wanted more points so I went BC. Total fare was Ironically $128. The Hot Dogs weren't anything special. Plus I brought some snacks. BC was packed! Plus someone decided to bring a newborn from I guess BOS to NYP! :eek: The baby just wouldn't be quiet! I had my iPod in and all and it didn't help that I was trying to talk to my bosses about working tomorrow! A lot of riders gave them some words of wisdom. I kept my mouth shut. But it's better then the baby being in the QC!

Two Hot Dogs, And a warm Pepsi.
I thought you were going to say a sub with meatballs instead!
mosking.gif

Rode BC. If you go Coach from BOS, BBY, or RTE the fare is about $59 low bucket. I wanted more points so I went BC. Total fare was Ironically $128.
The $59 coach fare is the special "low bucket fare with 25% off". The BC add on negates that special fare and on to added to the regular fare!

Is this sarcasm or not? Was the meatball sandwich really that good?

Does anyone have pictures of the meatball sub?

Two Hot Dogs, And a warm Pepsi.
I thought you were going to say a sub with meatballs instead!
mosking.gif

Rode BC. If you go Coach from BOS, BBY, or RTE the fare is about $59 low bucket. I wanted more points so I went BC. Total fare was Ironically $128.
The $59 coach fare is the special "low bucket fare with 25% off". The BC add on negates that special fare and on to added to the regular fare!
I knew the bucket would go up to the second bucket. I wasn't really worried about it.

Did you ever glance at the nutritional facts on the meatball sub package? That was the first and last time I ordered that particular item, as tasty as it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back