Backup Plans

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spot1181

Lead Service Attendant
We HAVE to make the connection from The Cardinal to The California Zepher since all sleepers are sold on the next day's train. Backup #1 is Megabus from Cincinnati, if The Cardinal is really late. Backup #2 is to drive to Chicago and park at the airport. Just talked to a former Chicagoan who uses a garage on Plymouth Street for about $8.00 a day. Does this garage exist? Finally our last backup plan is Plan 9 From Outer Space. I think I have too many plans. Tanks, Spot

We HAVE to make the connection from The Cardinal to The California Zepher since all sleepers are sold on the next day's train. Backup #1 is Megabus from Cincinnati, if The Cardinal is really late. Backup #2 is to drive to Chicago and park at the airport. Just talked to a former Chicagoan who uses a garage on Plymouth Street for about $8.00 a day. Does this garage exist? Finally our last backup plan is Plan 9 From Outer Space. I think I have too many plans. Tanks, Spot
it's a guarenteed connection if you have tickets for both trains on one reservation. you have nearly 3 and a half hours between trains. i would think amtrak would bus you to catch the zephyr in case the cardinal was really late. at least that is what they do for trains in the west where we live.

If you're on a Cardinal that's running late such that your connection will be close, I'd ask to speak with the conductor on the Cardinal and ask him/her whether you will make your connection. Hopefully that will remind him/her to talk with the Zephyr crew on the radio and make sure they're aware that there's someone connecting from the Cardinal in case it makes any difference in holding the Zephyr.

Been there before, too bad for me, but did nab a sleeper on the next day's train. But this time there are no sleepers available, can't take a chance as there are four of us. Spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back