Auto Train Shuttle at SFA

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter20

Train Attendant
I was browsing on Amtrak.com & looking at the pdf of Atlantic Coast Travel - the one that features the Silvers & Auto Train schedule and noticed that they are advertising a free shuttle provided by the City of Sanford that runs every 20 mins between the Auto Train station and Downtown Sanford.

I am curious if anyone has used this service before? There is a restaurant in downtown Sanford that is amazing and if I had the choice of arriving at SFA at 11:30 checking in & then going to eat and coming back at 1:30 / 2:00; that would be the a great way to start the trip. However, showing up at 11:30, no shuttle (and no lunch) or worse - not return shuttle and I am scrambling to get 3 miles in a limited amount of time is the definitely NOT the way I want to start my vacation.

I was browsing on Amtrak.com & looking at the pdf of Atlantic Coast Travel - the one that features the Silvers & Auto Train schedule and noticed that they are advertising a free shuttle provided by the City of Sanford that runs every 20 mins between the Auto Train station and Downtown Sanford.
I am curious if anyone has used this service before? There is a restaurant in downtown Sanford that is amazing and if I had the choice of arriving at SFA at 11:30 checking in & then going to eat and coming back at 1:30 / 2:00; that would be the a great way to start the trip. However, showing up at 11:30, no shuttle (and no lunch) or worse - not return shuttle and I am scrambling to get 3 miles in a limited amount of time is the definitely NOT the way I want to start my vacation.
We do this all the time for lunch and browsing in the antique shops and my favorite bookstore. you can also walk along the river.

Shuttle can drop you off at the visitor center and they will store your carry on baggage.

Shuttle pick up to return to the station is at the visitor center every 15 min. until 2pm

Thank you so much!! That is what we are hoping to do! That is great that they will hold the bags too. One less thing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back