ATL to DC & return

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haolerider

Conductor
Had to make a quick trip to DC and was pleased with the condition of the train and a chance to see the new baggage cars. Road coach up and while full, the attendant was very pleasant and kept the car in good order. Little sleep, but a friendly seat mate, which made up for the lack of sleep. I didn't try the diner as the sleepers were full and I didn't feel like fighting a crowd. On time arrival and no issues. Return was in a sleeper and again, I skipped dinner and breakfast as I had little sleep while in DC. sleeping car attendant was pleasant and professional. Having made numerous sleeper trips, I closed my drapes, made up the top bunk, ate my sandwich and cookie and went to sleep. We were about an hour late out of DC, but didn't lose anymore time along the way. Arrived at 9:15 am, talked to the ATL baggage crew about the new cars and they were very pleased with the design. All in all, a pleasant, but short trip with no negatives at all!

Back