At long last

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter L. Reid

Train Attendant
My 7600 mile journey on Amtrak starts on the 12th. It has come around very quickly since I booked last year.

By the end of it I will have done 19500 miles on Amtrak in the last 5 years. This is now considerably more

miles than I have done on Australian rail, however at roughly a 1/3 of the price compared to our long distance

trains; even with the airfare to the USA I'm well in front, and anyway I just like being on a train. Scenery from a

car is limited if one is driving, and even from a bus, there is not the variety offered by being on a train.

Scenery from a car is limited if one is driving, and even from a bus, there is not the variety offered by being on a train.
I fully agree with this statement. A train runs thru many areas that a car or bus does not or can not. At times, on a train, you may be 10-25 km or more from the nearest road! And compared to planes, I find the much better at 3 meters than 10,000 meters!

Enjoy your holiday, and please keep us informed when you can!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back