ASMAD update - improvements to connecting trains search

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's an ASMAD update thanks to an idea from JB at http://statusmaps.com

I've updated my search page that will display the total number of trains scheduled to run over a range of dates. The results presentation will now optionally break out the number of scheduled trains by route name. This allows you to easily see how service levels have changed over the years, or more interestingly, since COVID-19 service reductions this spring.

Here are some examples.

NE_Regional_service.png

Empire_Builder_service.png

Total_service.png

This search page is here.

Here's an ASMAD update thanks to an idea from JB at http://statusmaps.com

I've updated my search page that will display the total number of trains scheduled to run over a range of dates. The results presentation will now optionally break out the number of scheduled trains by route name. This allows you to easily see how service levels have changed over the years, or more interestingly, since COVID-19 service reductions this spring.

Here are some examples.

View attachment 19745

View attachment 19746

View attachment 19747

This search page is here.
Thank you for your work.

I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to add my thanks for the Amtrak Status Maps Archive Database. While I may not mention often your tool has proven invaluable both in terms of actual trip planning and satisfying curiosities.

💯 ✅ 👏
You are welcome - in fact I just used it to determine that The Night Owl (65/66/67) is not running between Boston and Washington right now. For some reason I thought that one was still going.

You are welcome - in fact I just used it to determine that The Night Owl (65/66/67) is not running between Boston and Washington right now. For some reason I thought that one was still going.
And it's not resuming until <maybe> mid July. They've cancelled at least the end of May and June trains recently (they had been bookable until a few days ago)

Back