Arrival time info for Canadian?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul CHI

Service Attendant
Is there a site that publishes historical arrival time for the Canadian at Vancouver and Toronto? It would be useful information for scheduling related travel, e.g. airline.

No official listing of arrival times posted anywhere on Internet, AFAIK. Another bulletin board reader posted that he has experienced arrival delays into Toronto as much as 6 to 8 hours in the last two years, with his all-time record delay being 22 hours. My own experience in 2014 was a 9 hour arrival delay into Toronto, which missed the last flight of the day back to my home airport. From what I've seen, it is highly desirable to book an overnight stay in Toronto, and plan for a flight the following day to your endpoint.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not aware of any VIA archive re the Canadian's OTP in Toronto or Vancouver!

But you can pretty much book it that the arrival times will be Late to Very Late due to the Numerous Looooong freights which receive priority!

Its prudent to plan on spending the night when you reach your terminus point, especially if you are flying or making connections!

Since the Canadian leaves @ 8pm at night from Toronto and Vancouver, you can plan on a same day arrival and departure when taking this train from either City!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back