Anything for Easter ???

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

had8ley

Engineer
Does anyone have any knowledge of special meals on board Heritage diners for Easter? Unfortunately, we have to travel Sunday due to our grand-daughters time frame in school. BTW, Happy Easter everyone; I'll be on #20. :)

Does anyone have any knowledge of special meals on board Heritage diners for Easter? Unfortunately, we have to travel Sunday due to our grand-daughters time frame in school. BTW, Happy Easter everyone; I'll be on #20. :)
Happy Easter to you, too, Jay!

Another Happy Easter wish. Since it is a religious holiday and this is a Government entity.....

Please decline if they offer Rabbit Stew.
OH MY GOD, not the easter bunny

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I eat the ears first, so he doesn't hear me coming! :lol:
happy-easter1.jpg

Please decline if they offer Rabbit Stew.
OH MY GOD, not the easter bunny

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I eat the ears first, so he doesn't hear me coming! :lol:
Uh OH!!! :eek: All the PETA zealots will be forming a mob, hope they cant get tickets on the trains! This is funny,ROTFL, it's really what hunting dogs do (they are animals also!), part of the food chain! I love animals also so please no hate mail! I ate Rabbit as a kid (we were poor southern folks!), I think Whooz was right, the stew isnt bad, fried was nice too when we couldnt afford chicken! ;) :) :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I ate Rabbit as a kid (we were poor southern folks!), I think Whooz was right, the stew isnt bad, fried was nice too when we couldnt afford chicken! ;) :) :lol:
Hey, you didn't have to be a poor Southern kid to eat rabbit! I was a middle-class (but country) Southern kid, and we ate rabbit and squirrel — mostly fried, and I couldn't tell the difference between squirrel and chicken!

(Then I grew up and went to school in Austin and made friends with the squirrels living in the trees near my dorm ... and there went any idea of squirrel cuisine for me from that point onward.)

But I've lived the past 20+ years in Kentucky and have eaten rabbit in burgoo ....

Love the dog picture. ROTFL :D When my daughters were young, they had a cat who would catch rabbits and lay them on the front porch like an offering! :eek: I also grew up poor southern (was there any other kind? :D ) and we ate rabbit, squirrel, deer, and whatever kind of fish my dad caught. The PETA folks are stirred up now so might as well go all the way with the polictical correctness and wish you all a very Happy Easter! :D

Maybe they will have ham on :D Sunday!

For what it is worth, I was on the Silver Star for dinner on Thanksgiving Day and turkey was served. Maybe that is an indication that something special will be served on Easter.

For what it is worth, I was on the Silver Star for dinner on Thanksgiving Day and turkey was served. Maybe that is an indication that something special will be served on Easter.
Yeah, old turkey!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back