Anyone traveled on Jefferson Lines?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I know the differences between them. Definitely J4500's, although they may have a few E's in the fleet as well, but mostly I see J's and Van Hools. Id have to go to New Orleans to catch Megabus, so I have never ridden them.
Where'd you see the Js? I saw E4500s in Chicago, but apparently they run out of New York, too. See: http://www.flickr.co...a81/2637261117/.

The last time I personally saw a J model was on I-10 heading Westbound. It was flying towards Houston, I didnt know buses could "fly" but this one was definitely rolling quickly. :p They have a New Orleans to Houston run. I hit Amtrak more than I do the interstate, so I dont see many buses, but when I do, its one of those "oh look, a Megabus/Greyhound/charter company bus", interesting, move on to next topic of discussion with whoever I am riding with. :p

The J/E models look good in that color scheme though, I will say that much.

Last edited by a moderator:
The last time I personally saw a J model was on I-10 heading Westbound. It was flying towards Houston, I didnt know buses could "fly" but this one was definitely rolling quickly. :p They have a New Orleans to Houston run. I hit Amtrak more than I do the interstate, so I dont see many buses, but when I do, its one of those "oh look, a Megabus/Greyhound/charter company bus", interesting, move on to next topic of discussion with whoever I am riding with. :p

The J/E models look good in that color scheme though, I will say that much.
Yeah, the Js and Es aren't bad at all. I saw a rendering of a J4600 in Greyhound neoclassic livery, and it didn't actually look very good.

The Prevost X3's look good in the neo-livery, as do the D4505's, but I wont derail this thread anymore. :p If you want to chat buses and colors bud, feel free to PM me :)

As far as for Jefferson Lines, I remembered something interesting. I was once riding home on Greyhound from Little Rock, and as I was transferring buses, a JL bus pulled up, and it was a Van Hool C2045. It was tan in color, and had the JL logo on it. This was back in 2002. They have updated their livery since then. but I remember that bus because I had never seen one like that before, and it just stuck in my head.

The Prevost X3's look good in the neo-livery, as do the D4505's, but I wont derail this thread anymore. :p If you want to chat buses and colors bud, feel free to PM me :)

As far as for Jefferson Lines, I remembered something interesting. I was once riding home on Greyhound from Little Rock, and as I was transferring buses, a JL bus pulled up, and it was a Van Hool C2045. It was tan in color, and had the JL logo on it. This was back in 2002. They have updated their livery since then. but I remember that bus because I had never seen one like that before, and it just stuck in my head.
OK, works for me.

Back