Anyone know why the CZ has been up to 3 hrs late many days WB stop in

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Zephyr has been late into DEN WB recently on several days. Most have been 3 hours late into Denver. Is there a reason for it continually being late that anyone is aware of? What is their on time performance typically?

I've been hearing passenger-style horns around noon near Reno. Seems like the CZ #5 has been doing bad on the time. The horns sound different from the frieght horns.

I've been hearing passenger-style horns around noon near Reno. Seems like the CZ #5 has been doing bad on the time. The horns sound different from the frieght horns.
CZ #5 arrived Reno today at 10:32, Sunday at 9:05, Saturday at 10:25.

Perhaps you have been hearing a freight locomotive with a horn off a passenger engine?

Just got off the CZ into Denver from Chicago, about 2,5 hours late. We were held up prior to Omaha by freight, which then had a mechanical failure.

After the 12 hour delay of the EB CZ, 2 hours seems like a cakewalk.

I was on the CZ into Denver on the 27th. We lost a lot of time in western Illinois and eastern Iowa then Omaha due to freight traffic. Plus we hit a deer near the Colorado Utah border (30-40 min. delay) then had to have 2 drunks removed at Green River. Arrived in Reno (my destination) about 3+ hours late.

Being removed from the CZ at Green River should sober them up quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back