Anyone else stuck on the 5 in Denver today? (6/22)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're about five hours late now. They say we might be moving at 1pm. Our engine threw sparks when we backed up, so they bad ordered it here, rather than try to take it into the rockies. However, there's been a big mess getting the new engine to our train.

Edit: Air! we have air and power! It got REALLY hot and stuffy in here over the last few hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean mean they kept y'all on the train all that time?

And is the rescue engine an Amtrak or a Freight engine?

Where was the train sitting while this was going on, in the Denver Station?

They didn't make us stay on board, but my knee was acting up, so I coukdn't stand on it outside for long (the benches were full). Not sure what our new engine is. I didnt see it, and it wasn't announced. We were sitting at the platform in Denver Station. I think we pulled out just before 1:30

We're still running over five hours late, and the diner just announced they're not serving dinner. I was talking to a fellow going to emeryville and he won't arrive till around 9pm. I don't understand why they're letting passengers go hungry, especially after all the problems on this trip.

my sca said something about it being a problem to cleanup before they got to emeryville, so they opted not to do dinner. I was surprised too. I was stuck on the eb once when it was ten hours late, and they made sure we got fed and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back