Any other ideas for transportation from Santa Monica, CA to Union Stat

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingee

OBS Chief
I was wondering if anyone has any other ideas of transportation from Santa Monica, CA to Union Station besides:

1. Super shuttle $17 x 2 people = $35 then shuttle from LAX to Union Station for $14 total.

2. Taxi cab direct for $40 to $50.

3. Bus (no way - too big of suitcases).

Those are probably our only options but I thought I would ask if anyone else has any ideas?

We booked this train Southwest Chief on February 23rd. Called yesterday to switch to a day later and already the "lower buckets" are filled. It will cost the two of us $107 more. This is for June 1rst. Wow. Must be a busy train.

I was wondering if anyone has any other ideas of transportation from Santa Monica, CA to Union Station besides:
1. Super shuttle $17 x 2 people = $35 then shuttle from LAX to Union Station for $14 total.

2. Taxi cab direct for $40 to $50.

3. Bus (no way - too big of suitcases).

Those are probably our only options but I thought I would ask if anyone else has any ideas?

We booked this train Southwest Chief on February 23rd. Called yesterday to switch to a day later and already the "lower buckets" are filled. It will cost the two of us $107 more. This is for June 1rst. Wow. Must be a busy train.
No other ideas. I stayed in Santa Monica last year and took cabs to/from LAUS.

Um, yes, 4/3 are busy. Tuesday night, I turned over 175 coach passengers (in 3 coaches) at the first crew change point, and there were only about 3 sleepers left. When we picked up our train this morning, I took 220+ coach passengers (also in 3 coaches) for the final 7 stations.

Not busy by NEC standards, but certainly enough to keep me busy! :)

Travel light!

~BJG

:::and I may see you in June!:::

pack light and take the bus, otherwise i wouldn't complain about cost. packing light will also serve you well once you arrive at your destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back