Another fatal train/truck collision

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...it sounds like suicide to me. Why else would someone park his vehicle on the tracks and not make an attempt to move, even when the train blew it's whistle?
Because his TomTom told him he was in a parking lot? And afterall, it must be right? :blink:

...it sounds like suicide to me. Why else would someone park his vehicle on the tracks and not make an attempt to move, even when the train blew it's whistle?
Because his TomTom told him he was in a parking lot? And afterall, it must be right? :blink:
I was thinking the same thing since there have been instances of wrong turns onto tracks due to GPS near where I live.

Sounds like suicide to me also. Sure, maybe he was drinking. Maybe he was even unconscious. But those conditions alone are unlikely to explain ending up perfectly aligned to be instantly killed on the tracks.

I was thinking the same thing since there have been instances of wrong turns onto tracks due to GPS near where I live.
Your GPS makes so much noise you can't hear an oncoming train? That's really something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like suicide to me also. Sure, maybe he was drinking. Maybe he was even unconscious. But those conditions alone are unlikely to explain ending up perfectly aligned to be instantly killed on the tracks.

Your GPS makes so much noise you can't hear an oncoming train? That's really something.
I don't use GPS myself. But there have been instances of cars hit due to the driver following the GPS directions and turning onto tracks. Luckily, they could hear the approaching train and got of of the car in time. I wasn't being serious about this particular accident being caused by GPS (though, if he was drunk, maybe he didn't "hear" the horn).

I know plenty of people who probably aren't paying attention to the road in the first place, and then they're listening to their GPS and doing whatever it's telling them without really looking to see if it's safe. Kinda like that insurance commercial awhile back where the GPS tells the guy to turn like right then and there, and he does...right into a storefront.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back