And Today.... Here We Go Again

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's incident involves train #92........ the train struck a "concret hauler" truck after it violated the train's right of way. As it appears from the news chopper shots, the train is almost entirely derailed (at least the rear coaches). No reports on injuries to anyone on the train that I know of. I do know train #92 has been terminated at this point. But this is not.

I telling this it like it is folks........ stupid drivers have got to wake up!!!!

OBS gone freight........

Well,

We live in a society where we want everything fast, Fast, FAST!! And many people seem to have a built-in inability to wait for anything. Do you ever notice how angry people get in a grocery store if the line has 3 people in them?? Do you ever notice, how, if the light changes to green and you do not immediately take off(like a race car driver), other drivers honk at you??

So many feel that what they do is more important than what anybody else is doing...even if I'm just going to pick up a box of kleenex at Walgreens. Why in the "blank" do I have to wait for that stupid, slow moving train?? Why in the "blank" do I have to pull over for that emergency vehicle??

I also strongly believe that people seriously "misjudge" how fast the train is actually moving and many can't tell if it's a passenger train or a freight(or probably don't even know the difference). So bamo, they're flattened. "Patience," is a virtue that not only I but everyone else needs to develop...but it's a hard virtue to cultivate!

Sorry, that's my sermon for today...I'll stop now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back